MicroPilot

MicroPilot Autopilot Users Group

Hi Everyone,

I am currently trying to find a way to send either a heartbeat signal or serial status string to an independent flight termination board onboard my UAV from an MP2128g.  Does anybody know of a way to do this? Will I have to write an Xtender plugin to achieve this or do the Micropilot autopilot boards already have a function to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke Horwood

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Luke

Would this be for the UAV Outback Challenge by any chance...?

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony,

Yes, you're correct.  I'm trying to set it up to cancel the heartbeat or serial string when the aircraft crosses the geofence etc.  Would it be safe to assume that you are working on something similar?

Luke

Here's one way to do it:

For the heartbeat, set up a TPU line to digital output. Then have a thread that is always setting the field high and low.

To stop the heatbeat when the geofence is crossed, make sure of the field 2363, geofenceViolationStatus.

0: No error/warning; clear

1: Within caution range of geofence

2: Within warning range of geofence

3: Geofence crossed - can be set in two seconds (I think) after the geofence is crossed, but the fatal error hasn't been set yet

4: Geofence crossed and fatal error set

So have the heartbeat thread always checking the value of field 2363. If 2363=4 stop the thread.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MicroPilotNingAdmin.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service